American Idol....


I have watched American Idol from the very beginning. This year I thought I would blog about my thoughts on the contestants, and also give my opinion on "My Top Three" for each week.

Last night the top 12 guys sang songs of the 60's...which as many of you know "I LOVE". So Felt like I was in for a treat. There were some really great performances that came from these guys, and might I add, I was glad to see them bring a new age sound to these classic songs.

So here is the run down of "My Top Three Guys" of last night. (in no particular order)




David Archuleta 17 year Old form Murry, UT
David sang "Shop Around". I would like to say...Wow! He has a fresh sound, great stage presents and I think that all the teenage girls are going to be sure to vote this kid through. David has a very likable personality. With a positive out look on life and the vocal cord problem that troubled him a few years ago. You wouldn't guess it though. He has proven that he can work through even the hardest of things. I expect David will give us a consistent performance throughout the show and don't see him going any where any time soon.
Jason Castro 20 year old from Rockwall, TX
Jason Castro plays guitar and sings "What a Day for a Daydream" in a surprisingly entertaining Lovin' Spoonful/Arlo Guthrie kinda way. This dread locked guy is a breath of fresh air! The second he stared singing I knew that we would be watching him climb to top. His organic sound give you a through back to care free times and relaxes the sole. I expect great things from this one.

Robbie Carrico 26 year old from Melbourne, FL
Robbie sang Three Dog Night's "One". I think he did a great job on this song. He threw his attitude in to the song, thus making it his own. This guy used to sing POP in a boy/girl band and opened for Brittany Spears. You wouldn't think that if you have seen him on the show. Robbie is a rocker. So he has a "Dark Pop Past", I won't hold that against him. Robbie has a edgy sound and I can't wait to see what he will do in the up coming weeks.

The Girls are performing on Wednesday. Lets see what they have to offer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitalization,an Answer and "B" for BRAVE { Part 1 }

Hugs Jugs

All in the Family?