Breech Update!

Friday Chris and I got up at the butt crack of dawn and dropped Alana off at the Greenfield's house. We drove down to the UTMB Hospital in Galveston where I was put on fetal monitoring. I started having mild contractions at that time. They then did an ultrasound to be sure that the baby was still breech. Yep, Still is. They informed me that we would probably be having a c-section that day.

So they sent me into another room that they could continue the monitoring and put me on an IV drip. An anesthesiologist was sent in to let me discus an emergency C-Section and medications. I was then bombarded by five of so students to view and assist in the EXTERNAL VERSION. They gave me a shot in the arm that would slow my contractions and relax me enough to flip the baby. So.....They started to push on my tummy trying to forcibly turn the baby. OH MY GOSH.... That was so painful. And.. It didn't work. It feels like my insides are completely bruised. They then decided to monitor me for a few hours longer to see if my contractions got stronger, and they did. I went from a zero to almost a one, but it wasn't enough for them. My contractions at the time were five minutes apart. I was then sent home and told to come back if: the contractions became closer together and stronger, water breaks, bleeding....the usual. So Chris and I left after eight hours.


We hopped in the car and started to drive home. On the way the contractions got worse. So instead of going to eat we decided to head over to Clear Lake Hospital. My contractions were now two minutes apart for about 45 minutes and they had intensified. I was once again hooked up to a monitor and they checked my dilation. Now a Full One CM. An Hour of monitoring and almost a two. I was then left on the monitor for another hour and I was at a two. But I was not in "Active Labor" So I was sent home. We were told we did the right thing by coming in.


Alana was asleep when we picked her up around 9:30 pm. Poor Baby! We were all tiered and slept in the next morning. I was in a lot of pain because of the attempt at the External Version. I spent the whole weekend doing at home techniques to try to get the baby to flip but we are yet to be successful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitalization,an Answer and "B" for BRAVE { Part 1 }

Hugs Jugs

All in the Family?