An old journal entry I thought I would share...(writen on my cell)

Today I did my first major drive on Houston highways since my accident. Paranoia would be a good word when describing my experience. This particular experience was to the woodlands for dinner with my in laws at cheesecake factory. I drove so Chris could work on his thesis.

So, we get on the 45. Things were ok at first because I was in my little ten mile radius that I drive every week. We got to the beltway 8 and that's when things started to unravel. At the time I was driving 80...which, may I add, I haven't driven since the accident. Cars were zooming past me like I was crawling. That makes me nervous when I'm already going over the speed limit...(ok..so I'm typing about that accident right now in the car and we just pulled off the road at the place I was hit...kind of freaky) going on... From the 45 we exited on to the 610 loop. No mind you, this road ha construction on it right now and so the lanes have been reduced in size so when someone passes you it is very tight. Whenever someone passed me I grabbed the steering wheel tighter. Now we are back to the 45 and things can only go down from here...right? Oh that is an under statement! I looked in my rear view mirror just in time to see a motorcycle traveling at least 95 miles an hour coming right for me. But here is the piece de risistaunce...the motorcycle was not using both wheels... He was popping a wheely at that high of a speed in congested trafic. I just about lost. I didn't know if I should slow down or speed up. You know...By this point there permanent nail.marks in my steering wheel. My heart has been racing for the last twenty minutes and all I wanted to do was get off the road.

Coming home has been quite eventful as well. I'm no fan of diving in the city, let alone rush hour or weekend traffic. But tonight at 11 pm I thought it would be a nice calm ride home. Oh no! Have you ever seen six drunk Mexican men, with open containers, weaving in and out of traffic but not getting anywhere in a four passenger mustang? I have!

The fear of being rear ended,rear ending someone else and getting sandwiched between another car and the rail is continually growing for me. My poor hubby has to listen to me gasp an freak out every time I see someone in my rear view mirror.

To conclude...if you want some annoying entertainment, just ride with me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitalization,an Answer and "B" for BRAVE { Part 1 }

Hugs Jugs

All in the Family?