The broken lens delema.

Last week after doing a few jobs and taking apart my camera to clean it, I noticed a crack on my favorite lens. Uggg! Right smack dab in the middle in the shape of a star burst. I have no idea how it happened. I take good care of my equipment and I've only dropped it once... (OVER A YEAR AGO) So the crack is a mystery.
Wednesday I took it in for an estimate. Today I got the call that It was going to cost me $89 to replace the glass and for the labor. So now I'm looking at new lenses. I'll just be stuck shooting with my telephoto for a week or so.
Yuck!
PS. Its very uncommon to get a cracked lens. The guy down at the shop told me only gets one or two a year. I guess I'm that one. WHY MEEEEE!??
Comments