Phases of Grief...

Well, Last night as you may have read by now was the beginning of the phases of grief. When I heard the news I was in the first stage... shock.

Denial follows quickly, crying "I don't believe it," or "It can't be." (yes, I teared up a bit)

Bargaining, is that maybe I can wake up and find that it isn't so. I'll do all the right things if only...." (I was SSSOoooo There)

Anger is another big factor which seems to be necessary in order to face the reality of life and then to get beyond it. We must all heal in our own ways. Anger is a natural stage through which we must pass. (This is where I was last night when I wrote my blog post. I hope I did not offend.)

Depression is a stage of grief that comes and goes. Knowing this, be prepared to give yourself time to heal. Resignation is a late stage. It comes when finally you accept the truth.

Acceptance and hope! Understand that it will never be the same. This is where I am now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitalization,an Answer and "B" for BRAVE { Part 1 }

Hugs Jugs

All in the Family?