Thanksgiving on the Road

Thanksgiving day, Chris and I loaded the girls in the car and headed off to Florida for a fun filled week.

We set our alarm for 4:30 am so we could get on the road at 5 am, but it didn't go off and we got an hour late and were out the door at 6.
The drive was nice and we had lots to see. We stopped off in New Orleans for a few minutes to use the restroom but somehow we got lost and ended up on Bourbon Street. All I can say is "wow!" The only place I've seen pornography like that is on the Strip in Vegas. We didn't get out and just kept looking for a safe place to let Noni use the potty. We finally found a gas station, where Chris sent Alana and my self in by our selfs. It was so scary! The people looked at us like we didn't belong there. Well, we didn't. So we get in to the restroom and you can see that they had recently painted this nasty little place, with one problem... one wall was only partly painted. They didn't pull out the shelves to paint behind them, you could easily see the water line on the wall 3 years later. Alana was baling. She has become a bit of a germaphobe in the last month. So the whole time we were in there she complained and gaged. I couldn't blame her. Now I wish I had taken pictures of the place.

After that ordeal we decided that it might be a good idea to find a nice place to have our Thanksgiving Feast. Can I say? I LOVE MY GPS! We looked up parks and found one called "Turkey Creek Park". It sounded like fate, and off we went. It was quaint but a lot of fun.
(We were greeted by these funny signs. Looks like someone just had a party here. LOL)


We enjoyed a nice lunch of turkey sandwiches, chips, veggies, apples and cookies.Alana wanted "Peter Jellys".
MMMMmmm...Alana loved the playground. They had swings and a cool jungle gym.

After everyone got their wiggles out we hopped back in the car and drove to Tallahassee Florida. We checked in to the hotel and set off to find dinner. Not much was open other than pizza and Cracker Barrel. What do you think we chose?

Comments

Carly said…
So fun I can't wait to see more pictures of your trip!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitalization,an Answer and "B" for BRAVE { Part 1 }

Hugs Jugs

All in the Family?