My Babes on the Boardwalk!

Yesterday, I decided to take a break from everything and take the girls to the Boardwalk for the first time since the Hurricane Ike.

I was kind of worried about it at first because I know a lot has changes in the last six months. When we drove through Kemah, there were many things that were still in wreckage, including my favorite gift shop, Island Treasures. A little story about the place... I ordered a "Pink Pirate Flag" for Alana's birthday from there. I received a call just a few days before the storm hit that it was ready to be picked up. Let's just say that my flag had found it's final resting place out at sea. Kind of sad. I got teary eyed when I drove past the place because I had made friends with the owner. To see the circle x thingy painted (for bodies, sorry I don't know what it's called) on the walls of what was left of the building was hard to see.

There is still a lot of construction going on at the boardwalk it's self. The salt watter had damaged the dancing fountain and they were working on it as well as the Aquarium and several rides. The restraints all have face lifts and are open for business.


Boardwalk boat watchers 1
Alana and Ariana enjoyed watching the boats go by. It was a very warm day so I could only stay in the sun for a while before we had to go into the shade.

For you!
As usual, Alana picked every flower in sight. I always feel so bad that she does that. It's pretty darn cute though.
Little Scout on the viewing deck.
Ariana is in a climbing phase right now. She climbed on to this scope all by her self.
Stopping to smell the flowers
Picking more flowers... Uh... did I mention that the gardener walked by shortly after this.
In Color
It felt great in the shade. The wind was helping us to cool down. Ariana loved the feeling of the wind in her ...ummm... hair...err.. what little is there. pore baby. Do they have "Hair Club for Babies?" By the way. The pigtails are an allusion. The hair bows help with that!
She hugged every pink pole!
This pink pole gets lots of hugs from Alana. She LOVES it. Do you think she likes pink?

We had a great time regardless of what activities were open. The best part is that we didn't spend a dime. It's just nice to be able to go for a walk and watch the boats with my girls. They are so full of spunk and even though they are rotten at times, I'm going to miss these innocent days. They are growing so fast and all I want to do is stop time and take it all in.

.....Sorry for the long post!

Comments

Jenny said…
hey,i didn't have any hair until i was around 3 years old, so Arianna has plenty of time! ;)
Carina Olsen said…
He He, Your Dad told me that on numerous occasions. It's just so sad because she sees her sister brushing her hair and tries to do the same. Pore baby.
THE EBERSOHLS said…
Love the pictures. Looks like a fun time at the Boardwalk. The dresses are adorable.

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitalization,an Answer and "B" for BRAVE { Part 1 }

Hugs Jugs

All in the Family?