Four years ago...
...I was sitting in a hospital in a city I was new to, holding the most precious baby girl in the world. Chris and I sat wondering what we were going to do about the hurricane Rita, who was sitting out in the gulf waiting to hit Texas. I was in tones of pain from a broken tail bone and emotionally rocked after watching Katrina devastate Louisiana and Mississippi less than a month before.



It's amazing how time flies. Our little ball of fire has changes so much. I don't see the same girl that is in all these baby photos. She was so sweet!....

...even when caught picking her nose!




Do you remember her glasses? To cute huh?





This year she started primary at church. I've been told on several occasions that she entertains all the teachers, and that she makes sure her side of the story is known. Sounds about right.
In honor of Alana's 4th birthday I thought I would list 4 of my favorite things about her.
#1 Her enthusiasm! Alana REALLY shows you how excited she is about anything and everything. She's loud and can easily embarrass you at church or in a crowded grocery store.
#2 Alana has the most beautiful hair! I wish she would brush it more. It's so soft and if you ask her how long she wants to grow it she'll respond by saying... "Long...Long...Long... all the way to the ground!" Right now its to the top of her little tooshie.
#2 Alana love the classics! She loves:
-"Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" by Steam
-"We Will Rock You" by Queen
-"Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen
Then there is...
-"Life's what you make it" Hannah Montana - (you can't win them all.)
-"You Can Fly"You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly!" from Peter Pan
#4 Creativity and imagination. Alana can make something out of nothing. More like the kids version of Macgyver. Alana can make a rubber band, straw and green army man turn into hours of fun. So my question is... why do I have all these toys?
To my little girl on her birthday. I love you. Stay small and don't grow up to fast. I want to enjoy every minute of this. Every giggle, smile, cuddel, hug, tear, booboo, kiss good night and Noni-isum is precious to me. I can't remember what life was like befor you. You briten up my day and mean the world to me. You rock baby!


It's amazing how time flies. Our little ball of fire has changes so much. I don't see the same girl that is in all these baby photos. She was so sweet!....

...even when caught picking her nose!
Do you remember her glasses? To cute huh?




This year she started primary at church. I've been told on several occasions that she entertains all the teachers, and that she makes sure her side of the story is known. Sounds about right.
In honor of Alana's 4th birthday I thought I would list 4 of my favorite things about her.
#1 Her enthusiasm! Alana REALLY shows you how excited she is about anything and everything. She's loud and can easily embarrass you at church or in a crowded grocery store.
#2 Alana has the most beautiful hair! I wish she would brush it more. It's so soft and if you ask her how long she wants to grow it she'll respond by saying... "Long...Long...Long... all the way to the ground!" Right now its to the top of her little tooshie.
#2 Alana love the classics! She loves:
-"Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" by Steam
-"We Will Rock You" by Queen
-"Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen
Then there is...
-"Life's what you make it" Hannah Montana - (you can't win them all.)
-"You Can Fly"You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly!" from Peter Pan
#4 Creativity and imagination. Alana can make something out of nothing. More like the kids version of Macgyver. Alana can make a rubber band, straw and green army man turn into hours of fun. So my question is... why do I have all these toys?
To my little girl on her birthday. I love you. Stay small and don't grow up to fast. I want to enjoy every minute of this. Every giggle, smile, cuddel, hug, tear, booboo, kiss good night and Noni-isum is precious to me. I can't remember what life was like befor you. You briten up my day and mean the world to me. You rock baby!



Comments