2 units

... Short that is. Today we promised Alana that we'd take her out for ice cream. So after going to the store and picking up dinner I checked Alana's blood sugar and started to prep her Novolog pen.  When I went to dial the dose I realized we only had 2 units left in our first pen (same one we got in the hospital.  Momentous I suppose) 2 units short of the dose needed to cover her carbs.  

(sorry for the bad cell phone pics)

I'm happy that we were close to home and could run home to get a fresh Novolog from the fridge.   I can't imagine what it would have been like to run out of insulin and be stuck.  Now I know what the limits are on these pens for next time.  But it was still scary.  Alana had her ice cream and was happy. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitalization,an Answer and "B" for BRAVE { Part 1 }

Hugs Jugs

All in the Family?