Help has arrived...
...in the form of a lancing device.
When we purchased our glucose meter the pharmacist gave us three boxes of 100 lancets. We brought everything home, un-boxed and put everything in our "Go Kit" and didn't think about them again for a few days. When the time came to use them we realized that the lancets didn't fit our Delica. This left us with 300 lancets that fit a totally different system. What was I to do?
Marissa also has a child with Type 1 Diabetes and she has been a great resource for me. It's so nice to know that I have support from someone who understands what I'm going through. The kindness of strangers blows my mind. When she got word of my dilemma, Marissa jumped to help. A few days later we had the right lancing device in my mail box.
This summer I'm coming to her state for family vacation and hope to meet her and a few of my Facebook Friends.
Thanks for saving my butt girl!
When we purchased our glucose meter the pharmacist gave us three boxes of 100 lancets. We brought everything home, un-boxed and put everything in our "Go Kit" and didn't think about them again for a few days. When the time came to use them we realized that the lancets didn't fit our Delica. This left us with 300 lancets that fit a totally different system. What was I to do?
Marissa Armstrong to the rescue!
Marissa is a new diabetes friend that was introduced to me by another friend that I have never met in person. Sounds crazy but the Facebook has brought me so many AMAZING people that I've created wonderful relationships with. Marissa also has a child with Type 1 Diabetes and she has been a great resource for me. It's so nice to know that I have support from someone who understands what I'm going through. The kindness of strangers blows my mind. When she got word of my dilemma, Marissa jumped to help. A few days later we had the right lancing device in my mail box.
This summer I'm coming to her state for family vacation and hope to meet her and a few of my Facebook Friends.
Thanks for saving my butt girl!
.jpg)
Comments