Taking it in the leg...
I'm very proud of Alana tonight. We've talked over the past three weeks about trying to take her insulin injections in different spots. To date she's only done her arms.
So far so good. Alana hasn't complained about too much soreness in her arms yet, but we're only just 3 weeks out from diagnoses. I think over time she'll want to use the other sites. But for now this is working.
...one step at a time...
(insulin injection site map)
Well tonight I convinced her to try her leg. She did good. It was a bit different feeling and out of her comfort zone but she did it, that's the important thing. Our next goal is the tummy. Several people have said that it's an easier place when looking for an alternative to the arm. So far so good. Alana hasn't complained about too much soreness in her arms yet, but we're only just 3 weeks out from diagnoses. I think over time she'll want to use the other sites. But for now this is working.
...one step at a time...

Comments