Playing "OPOSSUM"
Well... I had a run in with an opossum this afternoon. I'm not sure who was more scared. The idea was to take the trash out to, but when that little guy looked me square in the eye and hissed from the bottom of the can there was no skin left on my body.
So to my neighbors, if you herd a loud scream today it was me being a total wosie. I quickly ran back into the house and called animal control. The lady on the other end of the line had a good laugh at my expense and told me to turn the can over to let him out.
With an umbrella as my protection I walked over to the trash can, knocked it over and hid behind my umbrella. Nothing. He didn't move. The little critter was "playing opossum" I knew he was in a bad state. We figure he had been in there for close to 24 hours. He seemed lethargic, so I had the girls fetch me a spray bottle so I could try to spray some water into his mouth, which I has a straight shot to from the hole in the bottom of the trash can. I sat spraying him for two minutes and he just laid there panting. Finally a few drops fell into his mouth and he began to drink.
He suddenly turned from a savage beast into a sweet little creature who needed my help. (I know... I'm a total push over) After a while he sat up... which I hadn't seen him do to this point. We had a common understanding. I'll help you if you don't give me rabies.
Look at that cute tongue.
Before we left to see a movie I let the girls come out and take a look. Both Ariana and Alana thought he was super cute. Like a mix between a cat, ferret and a rat. When we got home he was gone.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Comments