Having a "D-Day"

One of the hardest parts of being a Type 1 Diabetic is the hormones involved.  Today was a tough day for my Sweet Alana.  She woke up kind of off, and stayed that way.  We had a site change this morning for her CGM (Continuous Blood Glucose Monitor) and we taught Daddy how to do it since he hasn't gone through the training yet.

 I drove her to school and dropped her off in the office.  She seemed fine at that point.  So I went off to my meeting for room moms.  About a hour later I got a call from the school nurse.  Alana was in her office. In TEARS. No real reason. Her blood sugar was stable. Just emotional.  So I left the meeting to go see my princess.  Her eyes were red.  Suddenly I had my 7 year old glued to me. I tried to calm her down but all she wanted was for me to hold her. There we sat till I thought she was calm again.  It was hard. I wanted to just pick up her things and take her home and snuggle with her all day.  It kills me to see her like that.  I had flashbacks of when she was in the ICU.

I walked her back to her class. Surly she'd be fine once she got to her room.  No such luck.  Her teacher, Mrs. Brunson asked what was going on and I filled her in.  She had no clue.  When Alana left her class she had a smile on her face.  Seems she gets that from her Mommy.  Always trying to hide it.  Then breaking down when no ones looking.  There we sat for another 20 minutes trying to keep the cool.  I had to go, but she wanted me to stay all day.  Sigh.

After school I made it up to her.  I showed up in our 1981 Corvette.  It always makes her feel special.  The top was off and I took her to her favorite place in the world.  BUC-EE's.  Yep.  Mom ROCKS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitalization,an Answer and "B" for BRAVE { Part 1 }

Hugs Jugs

All in the Family?