Looking forward...{Pumping and end of a honeymoon?}

This week we had a meeting with Alana's Diabetes team to talk about the pump. It seemed that Alana was coming out of the so called HONEYMOON PHASE that most Type 1's go through.  I think her pancreas is saying good by forever (or till they find a cure).  So now it's time to move on to her artificial pancreas  (insulin pump).  We let Alana choose the color and she went with purple. We're all a bit excited and can't wait for it to get here tomorrow.


Part of me is very happy to just get on with it all.  Alana has been T1D for nearly 7 months now and the ups and downs of the honeymoon were really getting to us.  Her pancreas was saying..

 "hey.. I think I'll spit out some insulin today."   

UGGGGGHHH!!!

I can say that I'm grateful it didn't last as long as many go through.  She only went a month with out any fast acting insulin injections (Novolog).   Many go for a year.  Now we can settle in and just accept it for what it is.  Thankfully Alana is young and this is becoming a part of life.  It should make things easier in the long run... I hope...

MOM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitalization,an Answer and "B" for BRAVE { Part 1 }

Hugs Jugs

All in the Family?