Pump Day

I can't believe this day is here.  It's been almost 7 months since Alana's diagnosis with type 1 diabetes. The day I thought would never come is here.  Alana was hooked up to her pump.

I had done a lot of training ahead of time to prepare for our training class and I'm glad I did.  I feel 100% comfortable with managing the pump.  If you would have asked me a few days ago things would have been different.

Our Diabetes team is AMAZING!  They're like our family.  We text and call, joke, play and pick on each other.  It's the best. Even sport AlanasBraveCrew bracelets!
{ Alana right after we hooked up her pump for the first time. }


 { Sweet little Lenny.  The newest member of the Olsen Family. I think he needs an Alana's Brave Crew Walk to cure shirt.  Don't you? }

I'm excited for this new chapter.  I know with out a doubt that the pump is going to help prolong Alana's life and give her a better quality life.  Lets find a cure!


Comments

Carol Cluka said…
Alana your going to love your pump, and you will see great numbers. I also have the same color pump as you :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitalization,an Answer and "B" for BRAVE { Part 1 }

Hugs Jugs

All in the Family?